Camp Kátur Hobbit Pods in North Yorkshire FeaturedKirklington, Bedale DL8 2LS, UK
About this listing
Stay in a cosy Hobbit Pod at Camp Kátur in North Yorkshire. Stay within the stunning 250 acre Camp Hill Manor Estate, surrounding yourself with the great outdoors, whilst enjoying the luxuries of a glamping holiday.
A holiday at Camp Kátur Glamping Village is unique in every way. Set within a stunning meadow and woodland location, a stay here is sure to be magical.
Whether you want to make the most of the peace and quiet or take part in some of the adventurous activities available is entirely up to you.
Camp Kátur is perfect for families, couples and groups, both large and small.
The Glamping Village is off grid, with lighting provided by solar power, torch and candle light. Toasty log burning stoves and gas heaters are provided to keep you cosy.
After a busy day of having fun in the Yorkshire countryside or taking part in one of the many onsite activities, a sleep in one of the Hobbit Pods is a cosy and relaxing experience.
Our friends and family hobbit pods are the luxury alternative to a four man tent and consist of a bunk bed, single futon ZIP chair and a seating area which also doubles as a single bed.
Drogo Bulge, Prisca Foxburr and Lila Bracegirdle are nestled within a lovely woodland setting facing out towards the large Meadow on the West side of the Glamping Village, all Furnishings include:
• 1x bunk bed
• 1x single built-in day bed
• 1x single Z bed
• Gas heater
• Tea light candles
• Hot water bottles
• Lighter / matches
• Outside BBQ and Fire Pit
• Outside Table and Chairs
• Toilet & Shower block 2 minutes walk away
• Please bring plenty of bedding, pillows/sleeping bags which will ensure your stay is comfortable and warm. A woolly hat to sleep in can help to keep the chills away. Although we include a lantern, we also advise that you bring torches and extra candles.
• Communal Kitchen Hut – Guests have access to the communal kitchen hut just 2 minutes walk away which has gas cookers, sink with hot running water, kettles and all cooking/eating utensils to rustle up some yummy grub!
• furnished to the same spec.
There are many facilities available onsite including;
Communal Toilet and Shower block
Communal Kitchen Hut with cutlery, crockery, pots, pans, hot and cold water, seating area, gas camping cookers
Hot and Cold running water
Fresh Water Points
Ice boxes one available per accommodation
Under cover communal seating area next to the Kitchen Hut
Musical Instruments (great for evening sing songs around the camp fire!)
Large communal Camp Fire
16ft Communal Tipi in the meadow
Fire Baskets, BBQs and Seating provided outside every abode
Little Tinkers Toy Den
Communal blankets for seating outdoors
Indoor and Outdoor games
Hammocks during summer months
Eco Spa with wood burning hot tub and Sauna (additional charges apply)
Norwegian Woodland BBQ Pod ‘The Podfather’ (additional charges apply)
Reception open between 9:00am and 5pm on weekends and school holiday
Licensed Cafe Bar with beer gardens (opening times and days vary)
Basic Convenience Shop
Mains Public Toilets open 9am-5pm
Mains Showering facilities open 9am – 5pm
Free to use Wi-Fi zone at the Orangery
Please note that the Orangery Cafe Bar is not ran by Camp Katur therefore we have no control over opening times.
Children’s adventure play area and Shelter Building
Woodland Walks and Activity Trails
Cycle Hire (pre-booking is advised during peak season)
Cycle routes both on and off road
Pitch and Put, Garden Quoits and Skittles
Basketball / Netball area
Supplied at Every Glamping Abode:
Wind up Lantern & Candles (bringing further torches & candles is advised)
BBQ and Fire Basket (logs and charcoal are NOT provided)
Optional Extras to Hire:
Bedding including duvet, pillow and sheets: £15.00 per person
Towels Hand and Bath: £4.50 per person
Travel Cot: £10.00 per stay (limited number available)
- ID: 2348
- Guests: 4
- Bedrooms: 1
- Beds: 4
- Check-in After: 3:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 10:30 AM
- Type: Hobbit
- Nightly: £45
- Additional guests: £10
- Allow additional guests: Yes
- Minimum number of days: 2
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Pets allowed: Yes
- Children allowed: Yes
- Additional rules information
- PLEASE NOTE a security bond payment of £200.00 per accommodation is required before entering accommodation, all monies will be refunded within 48 hours of departure providing there has been no nuisances or damages to any properties of Camp Katur and/or the Camp Hill Estate. Dogs are welcome but must be kept under control and MUST be on a lead at all times. Only one or two of our units are suitable for wheelchairs which we are happy to advise you on before booking. There is one disability toilet within the Glamping Village and one up in the Orangery Cafe. Unfortuantely none of the showers are suitable for wheelchairs Cars cannot be parked directly outside of all accommodation so if you require any assistance to load and unload your luggage please let a member of our team know and we will be more than happy to assist Access by wheelchair or electric mobility is possible on most of the site. Please Note: Camp Kátur is located on grass fields & woodland area and whilst the glamping fields are inspected on a regular basis, uneven surfaces do occur and care should be taken at all times.
- The minimum stay is 2 nights
Owner Camp Kátur
- Profile Status