Ambalao – Stay In A Unique Converted Stone 17th Century Sheep-PenVar, France
About this listing
A sublime wild paradise for nature lovers.
An unusual stay in the Var, an authentic stone sheepfold from the 17th century. A sublime wild paradise for nature lovers. Hidden in the nature of Provençal, sheltered from the crowd, the sheepfold combines the charm of old stones with warm comfort, so quiet and yet so close to the beaches of the Mediterranean.
Here reigns calm and serenity, the perfect place to relax, in the wild and preserved hills, bordering the sea.
This sheepfold of the 17th century has been restored with passion, in perfect respect of its Provencal architecture.
Located in “les petites Maures”, surrounded by cork oaks and mimosas, the property of 13 hectares enjoys breath-taking views and has no close neighbours. It offers a space of nature out of the ordinary, that we want to protect and respect.
Accessible by 4×4, (there is 2kms of stony track on arrival), the house is revealed in all its beauty.
In the coolness of its old stone walls, it offers a simple, warm and ecological comfort (energy autonomy).
The water that supplies the kitchen and bathrooms comes from our property.
Electricity and hot water are produced and provided by solar panels. A solid generator is installed near the house.
On the ground floor are:
* The kitchen, old fashioned, carefully thought and equipped for your comfort.
* The living room, open on a wooden outdoor terrace, with 2 comfortable sofas, a library, and a beautiful fireplace (for the winter only)
Books, card games and board games are available.
* A charming round room with stone walls: a large bed, shelves, and 2 windows opening onto nature, a real cosy nest.
* The bathroom: with its open window on the nature, it offers a corner toilets set in stone, a large sink, large antique mirrors, and a nice walk-in shower, comfortable and contemporary.
* A room, equipped with a nice double bed, old, very clear with its windows in height, offering to the gaze the dazzling blue of the mediterranean skies.
* A 2nd bedroom (communicating), under the roof, whose window overlooks the large wooden terrace. A large bed, a single bed, a nice old sink overhung with an old mirror, charming too.
* (New) A small independent annex in stones, just under the big fig tree, shelters a simple and comfortable room. With its outdoor shower and dry toilets, it’s such a nice private hideaway.
The swimming pool with its wooden beach and spring water is the ideal place to rest and refresh.
Terraces, deckchairs, hammocks, parasols and pergolas, games, everything is thought to make your stay an idyllic moment that you will never forget.
In The Area
If you decide to stay on site you will enjoy the idyllic nature of your surroundings. Chill out in the hammock, or in the deck chair. If you have some energy to burn how about playing a bit of ping pong, petanque or skittles? You can then cool down in the swimming pool.
If you feel like a little bit of exploration you can visit the nearby beaches of the Côte d’Azur (Saint Aygulf, Saint Raphael, Frejus, Sainte Maxime and Saint Tropez) and enjoy everything the Mediterranean has to offer.
There is plenty of opportunity for hiking in the nearby area too with countless trails and hills to explore within the 13 hectares of wilderness and forest.
Local Events & Activities
During the summer Var is full of concerts, festivals, shows and fireworks. There is plenty to keep every taste and interest busy!
If you happen to be in the area in October the Roc d’Azur holds the biggest mountain bike race in the world with more than 20,000 mountain bikers from all over the globe. Watch as they tackle some of the tough trails in the area!
- ID: 18723
- Guests: 9
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2
- Check-in After: 4:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 10:00 AM
- Type: Stone House
- Nightly: £100
- Weekly (7d+): £700
- Allow additional guests: No
- Minimum number of days: 7
- Free Parking
- Indoor Fireplace
- Swimming Pool
- Table Tennis
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Pets allowed: Yes
- Children allowed: Yes
- Cancellation Policy
- 60 days and more before the beginning of the stay: 100% refund, 30 days and more before the beginning of the stay: 50% refund, less than 30 days before the beginning of the stay: no refund
- Additional rules information
- Some pets allowed, please consult us beforehand.
- The minimum stay is 7 nights